Sunday, October 20, 2013

High quality workwear vs jeans


High Quality Workwear vs Jeans


I received an email yesterday, asking me the point in purchasing expensive work wear. The lady sending the email, while quite rude, had an interesting point. She suggested for the same price as a pair of Snickers work pants, for example, she could buy at least three pairs of jeans from the supermarket. So what is the difference between quality work wear and cheap jeans?


Looking at this objectively, I can see both sides have there valid points. From the work wear side they ...


work,wear,snickers,workwear,jeans,powertool,power,tool


I received an email yesterday, asking me the point in purchasing expensive work wear. The lady sending the email, while quite rude, had an interesting point. She suggested for the same price as a pair of Snickers work pants, for example, she could buy at least three pairs of jeans from the supermarket. So what is the difference between quality work wear and cheap jeans?


Looking at this objectively, I can see both sides have there valid points. From the work wear side they see it as false economy to buy something thats not going to last. For the jeans for work crowd, they see brands such as Snickers work wear, to expensive to just get covered in paint, oil and dirt.


This dilemma reminds me of my granddad, he was a plasterer for over fifty years. Rather than buying a decent heavy duty drill to mix his mortar, hed always buy some cheap domestic drill that burnt out in about 6 months. Hes retired now. But it makes you wonder; if he had spent say 300 pounds on a good quality mixing drill, would he have ended up better off.


Anyway, back to work wear.


For this article Im going to use the Snickers Workwear 3212 DuraTwill Trousers as an example of the high quality work wear. Which I believe it is, and compare them to just an average pair of supermarket jeans.


Firstly what do you get for three times the price of your average pair of cheap jeans?


Well, let me just say. A Lot! Its just in the design.


Take the back pockets for instance, they button up so things wont fall out, yet there designed so you can still get your hand in. Not to mention its big enough to fit your coffee mug in!


Next there are the holsters, perfect for your hammer, screwdriver, nails, mobile phone or even your hands. Ive even put my drill in there (minus the bit of course). I think Snickers have really put some thought into this. I myself have been caught at the top of ladder many a time struggling to get screw or nail out of my pocket.


Back to my granddad briefly, I remember by the time he got into his late sixties he could hardly walk. His knees had gone. Years of carrying bags of plaster up stairs and kneel down plastering walls had taken there toll. One piece of advice he always told me was look after your knees. It would seem Snickers have been listening to my old granddad too.


There work pants have a patented kneepad design, that curls round your knee offering protection and support from all sides. In my opinion your knees are worth the price of a pair of snickers work trousers.


Finally, they look better. Some of you will say this is beside the point. But I dont think so. Wed all love to have a diet coke moment with a few sexy office girls. I dont think the cleft of your are showing is really what they had in mind.


In summary, professional work wear has a great deal to offer the tradesman. It performs better in the work environment, its generally lighter, safer, and a lot more protective. This doesnt just apply to snickers work wear. It applies right across the board. All that a pair of jeans has to offer is, there price.


 



Recommended For You



No comments:

Post a Comment